Award based on company’s NWCAA compliance, an unwavering commitment to be wholly sustainable and achievements in carbon footprint reduction
Ferndale, WA (February 1, 2016) Washington-based Healthy Pet, an innovative leader in wholly sustainable pet products, has been awarded the prestigious 2015 Northwest Clean Air Agency (NWCAA) Platinum Award for achieving the highest standards of air quality compliance and sustainability.
“Our team is quite honored to receive this recognition of environmental stewardship. For 30 years we have implemented responsible business practices by focusing on green technologies and committing to green programs. We are unwavering in our pursuit of professional excellence and producing sustainable products that don’t compromise performance,” states Ted Mischaikov, CEO. “The NWCAA Platinum Award is testimony to our continued work in reducing our carbon footprint. I am very proud of the entire Healthy Pet organization for continuing to pioneer new ways to support a healthier planet.”
The 2016 NWCAA Platinum Award was based on not only on Healthy Pet’s 3+ year rigorous compliance with NWCAA regulations, but also key achievements in being a wholly sustainable company, such as:
- Implementing a “Towards Zero Waste” recycling program
- Reducing inter-plant transfers and utilizing energy efficient modes of transportation resulting in less solids in our atmosphere
- Upgrading all lighting and fixtures with energy efficient LED technology
- Upgrading inefficient gas hot water heaters with energy efficient on-demand units and heat exchangers
- Reducing emissions by installing a low NOx gas burner, thereby eliminating over 5,600 lbs. of solids released into our atmosphere in just the past 2 years
- Shifting from LNG rolling stock to electric units
- Investing in new next-generation, efficient heavy equipment
- Implementing and enforcing “no idle” policies for trucks and equipment
- Adopting a zero emission Nissan Leaf as the official company vehicle
- Reducing waste hauls from 11x/year to less than 4x per year
- Implementing LEAN principals and systems to significantly reduce freight & logistics
As a Gold Member and Advisory Board Member of the Pet Sustainability Coalition (PSC), Healthy Pet supports active, happy, and natural pet product solutions, creating a more ecologically beneficial environment and an enriched relationship between pets and their family. Healthy Pet’s product offerings and leadership demonstrate an accelerated commitment to a growing consumer base seeking natural products from a range of brands that demonstrate a high level of corporate responsibility.
For more information about Healthy Pet, its commitment to corporate excellence through sustainability, please visit www.Healthy-Pet.com.
About the Northwest Clean Air Agency
The Northwest Clean Air Agency is responsible for enforcing federal, state, and local air quality regulations in Island, Skagit, and Whatcom counties. In addition to permitting and regulating industrial sources of air pollution, the agency offers information and services related to asbestos, climate change, indoor air quality, outdoor burning, woodstoves, and fireplaces. More information about the agency is available at www.nwcleanair.org.